I was debating about how I would break up the trip posts... I decided by location (aka each town/city we stopped in) but then I realized some of them would be pretty picture heavy, so I'm just gonna break them up however I feel like... try to keep up :)


Anyway, after crossing into Hong Kong we took a train that dropped us off near our hostel. It was located in an area called “Monkok” and I gotta say, we picked the right area. It was such a fun place with so much to do, see and eat. It even had a nice elevated walkway, but oh man after all that to look out and see this made me gasp a bit.

After a very confusing search for our hostel (the entire block is 83 Argyle and you have to just get into it somehow to find the elevators to other floors) we checked in and headed out for food. We ended up getting super good dumplings and wandering around all the night markets there. We also found a cheese steak... it wasn't Philadelphia good, but it was Hong Kong good!




Night market... pretty much exactly what I thought Hong Kong would look like!

The next day we took a bus out to the outer islands. Seriously so fun. It's a double decker bus and those things just fly around the city and tiny mountain streets.  

Is this the building Batman took that guy from?

Bad picture, but funny story... as we were driving by I said to Chad "Hey! Look at that cool building". Turns out it was an LDS church... Might be the first time I said that about an LDS meetinghouse haha
Check out the cool cemetery built into the hill right off the highway
We ended up going to a beachtown named Stanley. I read it had a cute little market and so we figured we'd check it out... such a cute place and the drive there was fantastic! We got to pass so many cute places and beaches and homes. It kinda felt like a drive through Malibu.



Look! Short sleeves (on Chad)

The cute little main stretch of Stanley


My cute husband and my lemon drink... did I mention I caught a cold on our train down to Shenzhen.. blah
I was getting all artistic with the camera again
 

I touched the water right around this rock, so I could say I've touched it... it was way too cold to go swimming
Chad got a picture of me willing myself to not fall



There is a cute park near the beach and in it was a "workout station" for the elderly... it basically consisted of this

I loved seeing these three dogs completely matching!

After Stanley Beach we took another bus ride up to the top of Victoria Peak. It's the tallest mountain that people live on in Hong Kong. It had pretty cool views and we wanted to stay till sunset, but sicky mcgee needed to go home and sleep.




We took the trolley back down the mountain, it was pretty cool and as you'll see, quite steep. When we got off the other end the line to go up was 4 hours long... NOT WORTH IT PEOPLE!




This picture was taken straight on, our camera was not tilted... crazy
After a bit of a nap for me we went and found dinner at a Dim Sum place that claimed they were one of the top 101 restaurants that chefs eat at... It was good, but I don't know if I'll put it on my life changing food I've eaten list... the waffle (not pictured) we got after that though... that was life changing and I made Chad get it like 4 more times.


Did I mention that our hostel room was TINY? If you tried to put a queen and a twin size bed in it they wouldn't fit (EDIT: you could not fit a queen size bed and a folding chair)... but it was pretty nice to have our own equally tiny bathroom (Shenzhen was a shared bathroom). The shower is above the toilet and you couldn't close the door and sit on it at the same time. But the bed was soft and it was in a great location.