I do not know why, but every time I move into a new ward I get insanely nervous about the whole endeavor. With the exception of one ward I have always felt completely welcomed, but still the nerves hit. This past Sunday was no different, it also didn't help that we still can't seem to get to the Subway before the train we want leaves... we're always walking in right as it's pulling away, so we're always late.

We got there about 10 minutes late, but my goodness we were not alone. The whole lobby was filled with other people who missed the train that would get them there on time. That made me feel a lot better. That being said, it's a funny ward with a funny mix of people. I guess that's what family wards are, but it's been so long since I have really been in one. I guess they just had a purge of the singles ward, so there are a lot 30+ single people in our ward, then a lot of young families and finally a few families that are the constants that have been there forever. I hear the ward is very transient, people in school, people doing internships, vacationers, people who don't want to have their kids in the New York public school system all moving in and out all the time.

They had a new member meeting this week right after sacrament which was so nice. We quickly met the Relief Society President, Elders Quorum President and the entire Bishopric. I like when they have those type of meetings, it makes it a lot easier to move into the ward. Everyone we met was so friendly too, even the girl who had the job of taking our picture, she chatted with us for 5 minutes or so after the picture was taken.

I think my biggest worry was Relief Society. I have struggled with Relief Society all my life, I don't know how to interact with females very well. I grew up with brothers and typically it is a lot easier for me to make friends/ small talk with males than females so Relief Society terrifies me- a room full of women who I don't know how to chat with. Once again, I was blown away by how friendly everyone was! This sweet woman sat by me and started chatting with me and introduced herself. Then after the traditional who is new and visiting round, a girl in front of me turned around and started chatting. We ended up talking after and she told me that her company is hiring! So, even though we had the most awkward lesson of all time, chastity, church was great.

I must say though it's a bit weird to be on this side of the chastity lesson... very interesting. It's great to know that the church is true wherever you go and that people are friendly even in New York, in fact we were invited over to dinner on Sunday and for the following Sunday! It is nice to think that while our stuff is still moving across the country I don't have to make Sunday dinner out of the microwave (thank you Packards!)  The only thing I'm nervous about now is that many people have warned us that the newlyweds are always put in nursery, and that one of the nursery leaders are leaving at the end of summer. We also know there is a little boy in there that pukes when he's nervous and nursery makes him nervous, so I really hope that we don't get that calling!