This is not how I thought this would play out. In a strange twist of fate, it is actually I, Chad, writing this post. I never imagined I'd have a blog; that someday, someone would write a blog about me, sure, but never one of my own. Unless, of course, someone were to write it for me...which is what I anticipated this would be. However, Michelle has conned me into not only writing on our blog, but writing the first post. Yes, mother and sisters, I am writing this, and let me assure you, I am as shocked as you are. I suppose conned would be an overstatement of the facts, I asked when "we" were going to write our first post, assuming she would be excited about doing it and would promptly begin writing. However, she surprised me by asking me to write the first post. Now, we've only been married for a short time, but I have learned a number of things, one of which is that women can mean one of two things when they "ask" for something. 1) this is somewhat optional, I want you to do this and you probably should, but you will retain your free agency. But again, you probably should do it. Or 2) you are going to do this, but I am going to make you feel like you want to by "asking" you to, that way you think you are doing something you should, and it has the appearance of free will. You can guess which "ask" she employed in getting me to write this first post.

So, where to begin? As is apparent if you have read this far, or even just the blog title, we are newlyweds living in New York City. Manhattan if you want to get specific, the Upper West Side if you want to get fancy. We recently relocated from sunny southern California so that I can continue my education at a prestigious center for higher education. To accompany me on this grand adventure, Michelle left her job, family and 2nd most loved item on the planet, her dog, Batman (she continually affirms that I am #1, though I have my suspicions). I had never been to New York before, Michelle had, she grew up in Jersey, but we were both in for something new and exciting. We were married two weeks ago today, happy two week anniversary, went on our honeymoon to the Dominican Republic and then promptly moved here. Needless to say, it has been a blur. Only now is our life starting to slow a bit and we are getting all moved in.

That's about as much that I will write about our pre-marriage life, this blog is about newlyweds in New York, not about casual daters in California. For more on our dating story and life before New York, you can read Michelle's blog, I Can't Make My Life Up, where you can find details of how we met, how it progressed and how it culminated in a beautiful marriage. Though I warn you, it is quite lengthy, and told from a biased point of view, so take it with a grain of salt. Except when she says I'm awesome, that part is true.

I suppose this is long enough. I've never written a blog before, so I don't really know about lengths and content and whatnot, but we will learn as we go. I'm still working on our catchphrase, so thanks for reading and that's all for now.

PS - I am aware this is posted in Michelle's name. I even created my own account so that I could post on our blog, but Blogspot apparently does not want me posting, as it would not allow me to post through my account. Hence my using Michelle's.