Our second day being explorers we went to some of the outer temples - so we only got to see about 3 because we spent much of our time driving (tuk tuking) from one place to the next. 


I really liked the first temple we went to, except that it was insanely crowded, so a lot of the pictures below are "artistic" shots to try to get the millions of people out of the pictures. Really made me wish we bought one of those fancy smancy cameras that has a mode that will edit people out of your pictures for you. 

Here's the main entrance. Also pictured is a huge tour group who all wanted to take turns getting a picture of themselves in the doorway. 

Lucky for us we found a seriously less crowded door about 10 feet away.

Almost person free!

That orange umbrella person was KILLING me. Every time I tried for a picture they would just bob right into it. Seriously, I have like 20 pictures with that stupid umbrella.


The detail on this temple was seriously amazing.


I'm taking a selfie of Brittany taking a selfie of her at the temple. Meta.
People free!!


The next temple we went to was an epic ride away through the beautiful Cambodian countryside. It was one of those temple places that wasn't so much a building as an area that Gods and Kings used to bathe and receive blessings. It was incredibly beautiful and because it was so far off the beaten path there were few other people there.





Also, butterflies would just land on you there.

Above this waterfall are carvings that means if you swim in it you will be blessed by the Gods.

So of course we did!

It was so stinking cold though... but it was hot outside so I was conflicted and didn't know how long I wanted to stay.

Photo bombed by cute Cambodian boys who also came to have a swim!

They ended up showing us some pretty cool and fun natural waterslides. I did not participate because I was cold and someone had to take pictures!

Chad did though.

We had another long ride back to check out this temple. It was amazing because we were literally the only ones there for most of the time. It was so fun to run around it and really explore and take pictures. 
Another awkward Brittany and Chad.


Don't judge my outfit... I was sick of my clothes so I wore Chad's shirt and my elephant pants. As I said, you'll see those a lot.

I loved loved loved this area and made Brittany and Chad take approximately a thousand pictures here, lucky for you I only posted one here.





Color saturation mode. Honestly IRL the colors were more like this than the picture above. 
  

Beautiful sunset on our drive back to our hostel. I can't even explain how beautiful the Cambodian countryside is.

S. I didn't know where to put this picture and this day in Cambodia had the fewest pictures. It's an LDS church building! As if you couldn't tell. ha!

After our temple tour we went back into town for dinner and caught this fun dance show. They are supposed to be showcasing traditional Cambodian dances. All I saw were some seriously awesome outfits.


Totally gonna be a peacock for Halloween now.