We started the day with donuts and a trek out to where Chad would take the LSAT on Sunday. It was quite the journey. It took about an hour and a half to get out there. After that we decided to walk around the French Concession and on the way saw this cool library.

The Shanghai Library

Before we could find the French Concession (some streets that were on the map were not actually streets in real life) I started feeling really weird. I'm not sure why or what it was exactly, but after reviewing my food intake for the day we realized it maybe could be that all I had eaten so far today was donuts. So we decided to try to find a thai/indian fusion place I read about. To get there we had to go through this swanky mall.

It had a Morton's!

and a lot of blue Christmas trees

And pass this thing....
Turns out the Thai place didn't exist anymore, at least we couldn't find it, so we decided to just go to the cute little cafe that was across the street from the mystery Thai place.

Do you see that? Multi-grain bread, a salad, veggies everywhere... worth it!

Funny sign inside the bathrooms in the subway station
After getting some food in my belly I felt much better and we continued our sightseeing. We went to this really cool section of town that was all traditional buildings and stuff. It was fun because right next to an authentic teahouse there was a Papa Johns and a Dairy Queen.

From the outside looking in, that street is the classic Chinese style architecture


Panorama Magic.

I thought it would be really funny to scroll through the panaromic shot and see me copying the random snowman, but turns out I'm right in the middle and very easy to spot. It's pretty much centered on me. Good job Chad.


Guess who is grumpy?

These pics look a lot cooler on Chad's phone than when they're exported to the computer....

The raw image in all its glory







I was kinda over pictures at this point but Chad wanted me to go be in it...

This is a phenomena we see quite frequently in China... human mannequins with animal heads... it's always a little weird and unsettling. This one's for you Brad.
After those adventures, we tried to decide what to have for dinner. It was a tough choice because after seeing Papa John's we wanted pizza, but since we haven't had much dairy in the last 4 months we were a little unsure what it would do to our bodies and we didn't need Chad sick the night before his LSAT, so we decided it was time for Peter's. It was quite the trek to get there, but it was down this adorable alley way with a million other little restaurants...we neglected to take photos, but believe me, it was super cute! And dinner was amazing.


Chimichangas! 

a REAL hamburger! 
After dinner and a trek to a HUGE supermarket (a Carrefour with multiple floors) we headed back to get the test boy some sleep.  Sunday was a bit of a whirlwind. I went and dropped Chad off at his LSAT... well the plan was to ride the subway with him then head off to church, but he forgot to give me the key to the place we were staying so after he left I had to make a mad dash to catch him so I could get the key. Lucky for him he realized he forgot his passport (I had it though) so he was actually able to take the test! I realized I wouldn't be able to make it to church on time so I headed back and did a little window shopping. The street we were staying on had some pretty awesome malls and lots of high end shopping so it was fun to just walk around. I then made the trek to church to go to the 10:30 time slot only to find out it was cancelled that week. wah wah... no real life church for me. After his test Chad and I went to get Papa John's and then caught our train back to Weifang. The pizza was AMAZING but tiny and we wanted about 5 more after it.

Did I mention the place we stayed was goregous? It's a friend's parent's apartment and I LOVE her style. I took pictures so I can recreate it someday. It was the perfect blend of, well, everything.